Resolutions that are not written are forgotten, so I’m noting mine here.
- Don’t die before publishing your story.
- Become a published author.
- Start writing your second novel before your first one is out.
- Write more and write better.
- Bury grandmother.
- Take grandfather to live with you and mother. Look after him well.
- Read at least 60 books.
- Improve your body with daily exercise. (Presently I am incapable of doing a push-up.)
- Read self-improvement books.
- Look people in the eye when you speak to them.
- Shave head bald.
- Be kinder to mother.
- Woo the girl with inky hair.
- Buy a dog or a black cat that will become your best friend (And name it Napoleon, in honor of the great French general).
- Continue updating and improving your blog, writing shorter, more concise posts and at least two 50-word stories a week.
Friends, what are you resolved to do in 2013?