I’m Vincent, who are you? Are you a writer and a reader too?
I’m a 20-something Romanian high-school drop-out. The good thing about that is that I get to spend the best hours of the day writing and reading: books, almost-poems, articles, blogs.
Not for wealth, fame, or immortality. But as a way of life.
Who I Was
I was a golden-haired child once. I used to play quietly on my own instead of going out to play with kids my age. The world has always frightened me; people especially.
Judging from my grades, I was set to become an airplane engineer or something lofty like that. But then adolescence got in the way. My father died; I lived away from my mother for a time; I lost interest in school; I took to video-gaming; romantic woes kept piling up.
I became extremely withdrawn and began visiting rooftops, from where I contemplated the shapes of clouds above the uncertain horizon.
And then I stumbled upon some English books. I discovered the simple joy of reading and taught myself English so I could rewrite my life any way I pleased.
In writing, I found an excuse to continue my existence on this agreeable planet.
Who I Am
Now I can spell out floccinaucinihilipilification without a spellchecker.
But the most important thing you should know about me is that…
At some point, I stopped trying to fit into the world and made friends with myself.
That’s how I became a writer.
A Few Facts About Me
- I have a digital drawer full of manuscripts nobody has every read
- I hope my work will be discovered posthumously, though I may publish one or two books during my life
- Part-time freelance writer and vegetarian
- Short, frail, pale, shy, and usually polite, but sometimes mercurial and fierce
- Have read One Hundred Years of Solitude in English about 14 times
- Don’t have a TV and don’t plan to get one
- Somewhat of a recluse
- 100% Romanian despite the wistful Anglicization of my name: my real name is Vincentiu
- Have read the Oxford Dictionary and Thesaurus up to page 452, word by word, and now I cannot remember a single definition.
- Could be dying faster than other people (but then as a writer, an early death could be a professional advantage, don’t you think?)
Write to Me
Now that we know each other better, please don’t go away without a word.
The universe brought you here, which means that we are supposed to meet.
Drop me a comment.
Or use the Contact form.