If you have 7 or more of the following peculiar symptoms, you have contracted the sweetest disease in the history of humanity…
- Your heart drums when you think of her.
- You suffer from restless apathy, chilly sweats, and itchy skin.
- Your best clothes have suddenly become unfit for you – they are either too large or too small.
- You feel you have a pebble in your shoe when you walk alone on the street, and yet when you take off your shoe and look into it, you find nothing.
- You eat more chocolate than usual, but otherwise you fast.
- Your heart skips a beat when you see on the street another woman dressed like her.
- You feel that each new woman you see seems faded compared to her, and that the more women you see, the lovelier her remembrance becomes.
- You want to buy her a teddy bear or a puppy and give it to her with a love note but you don’t dare do it because you fear she will think it silly.
- You hope that her shoelace will untie itself when you are near, so you can kneel at her feet and tie the troublesome shoelace for her.
- You pray, when you turn a street corner, that you will meet her (and if that happens you will pretend it was all a curious coincidence, when in truth you’ve spent the last two hours wandering through her neighbourhood hoping you would bump into her).
- Your double bed has become way too big for you.
- You often hug your pillow and kiss it imagining it is her.
- You no longer do shameful things to yourself in a shadowy bathroom since you’ve fallen in love with her, because the thought of her is enough to fill you with contentment, and make any other stimulation unnecessary…
All is well, all is well…
37 thoughts on “13 Signs That You Are In Love”
Ah, such a romantic…:-)
I hope it’s not soapy though!
I think this is more of a “If you are a man these are 13 signs…”… At least some of them. And that is beside the fact that most of them contain the word “her”.
I find 7, 9 & 10 especially sweet and romantic. It makes me “aww” ;).
Well, I’m a boy.
Women have a totally different way of falling in love than men, which I find quite unexplainable. 😉
I think Coco should be asked to explain how women fall in love. She knows a lot about such things.
And you’ve winked three times today, more than in any other day. What does that mean?
And do you happen to like the painting? I’m not sure who sent it to me but I like it. I found it in a folder titled FROM [INSERT NAME HERE]…
I love the painting which matches here perfectly! Whoever sent you it must be really cool!
I accept. I shall.
Awwwwww (Can’t help it) This really is so sweet.
How are you?
Flitting from writing to work to flying with the bumblebees 🙂
Hope you’re doing well too 🙂
it’s a front, he is not sweet or kind, Vincent Mars is a mean-manipulating bean.
Coco! You’re going to break his hatted heart!
Coco likes to be mean sometimes. Little does she know that it’s bad for her complexion!
I don’t like Coco anymore.
I shall never write anything about her.
But I’ve waited all week 😦 plus you know I adore you 🙂
The things you write make me want to sleep all the time. That way I can dream of the romance you often describe.
What great comment! After the first sentence I was worried. But then… joy and jubilation!
I was about to scream and shake my fist in fury when i read the first sentence. Then I read the second…all is well
Laughing my heart out! Who will want to find a cure for what you call the sweetest disease in humanity? I even see that many people want to get infected. I would have worked on the antidote, but it might not sell. I’m having a good laugh! 🙂
You detail the 13 signs so intimately, she is very fortunate … 😉
Phebe, you have a splendid penchant for correlating shoes and love.
The painting is outstanding and you must find out who the artist is. As far as love is concerned, it’s just a hormone called Oxytosin, or something like that. It floods your body and lifts your spirits and makes you love everybody because you love the One. But like adrenalin and other hormones, it dissipates. You can make it dissipate if you concentrate hard enough. Then you are sad because it is gone. Oh, one other thing–a rush of Oxytosin can be triggered by a kitten crawling trustingly up your chest. Try it.
An informative comment. I don’t have a kitten at the moment but will get one soon.
As to the artist, he’s called Leonid Afremov.
I have two galleries of his works featured in my Saturday and Sunday posts.
I totally agree with you on the SEVENTH point, nice post
Wow, the post is great and the comments are terrific reading, too. Love is chronic, I’ll give it that. Glad you stopped by so I could find my way here!
thankyou for the like on my post— Art, poetry & writing is a shared cherished love.. but more importantly I love this because it is written truth.
A very sweet post, the painting matches it perfectly. I enjoyed my read.
These are fabulous. I’m still smiling…
I got most of the above symptoms, only problem is that the “she” is actually a “he” 😀 have a nice day. http://www.dexterwaweru.wordpress.com/
Somewhat unrelated, but I love the image you used, the painting. Do you know who did it and what it is called?
I believe it’s by Willem Haenraets. A hatted lady sent it to me from Barcelona.
My dear friend Oliver knows a Lady Katherine Frost. Are you by any chance related to her? Cousins maybe?
I’m not sure, but I don’t think so (on being related to Katherin Frost). However, with facebook I am constantly being introduced to relatives I never even knew exited before!
Thanks for the artist information!
🙂 I am always in love…. at the end , the art will save us!
Great picture – Willem Haenraets is a favorite of mine with that flowing, almost wistful style. Some of the thoughts are true enough too.
Very true… Perhaps this will help some realize that they ARE in love. 😀 Love your art chosen to accompany!
I used to be skeptic that if a guy could be crazily be in love with someone and if he has butterfly in his stomach.. Until I read this post of yours! Nice job! You succesfully convinced me now. 😀